Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Yep, they got me! Two of 'em, in fact: the lovely and talented NettieB and Krissy. Well done, girls! ;) And thank you, I'm flattered! I could also use the fun.

Which I'd have known about sooner, but I haven't been around the computer much the last few days. Too depressed. Can't read or type with tears in my eyes. My bestest friend and special baby of 16 years, my cat Ashes, passed away in my arms late Saturday morning. I miss him so much it's impossible to convey. So I won't even try. I'll just hope you'll understand and leave it at that. :(

Life goes on, I know, so let's start that movin' on and try to have some fun. The rules of the game are as follows:

1. Link to your Tagger(s) and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

#1 completed. Now for #2, 7 facts about myself:

1. Random - I'm an only child. From NY originally, grew up and still live in "Sin City."

2. Weird - I have an aversion to dry paper towel. Gotta moisten it or wet my hand before I'll touch it. Newspaper kinda freaks me out, too. LOL! And bugs?? OMG, let's not even go there. I'd rather meet a mugger in a dark alley! Suffice it to say the Bug Vac is the BEST investment I've ever made. ;)

3. Random - My favorite food is Italian. My dream vacation would be to visit Italy for a few weeks, eating my way from Sicily to Naples. Yum!!

4. Weird - Well, not sure how weird this is, but, speaking of eating, (or the lack thereof, as the case may be ;) I lost 90 pounds 6 years ago and have kept the majority of it off ever since. Though I'm sure that would change drastically if the Italy dream ever comes true! ;)

5. Random - I love, love, love fast cars and to drive fast, as well. I think hubby actually fell in love with me years ago 'cause I beat his friend in a race (who was driving a Chevelle) . . . in my old Cavalier! LMAO!!

6. Weird - Anyone remember the movie "Over the Top" with Sylvester Stallone? No? Gee, I wonder why! LOLOL!! My bestest human friend and I had a VERY brief and distant cameo as audience members in one of the wrestling match scenes. I don't remember quite how, as it was more years ago than I care to admit, but she somehow knew a photographer with connections to "Sly" and had previously been invited to the Rocky IV set, where she'd had an even better blip of an audience cameo. If the movie is slowed, her face takes up the whole screen for a whole 1/2 second. LOL! Anyway, it was a fun day, and though Sly is shorter in person than he looks on screen, he was still damn sexy! ;)

While we're on the cameo subject, my grandfather (now deceased) also had a cameo in the TV series Vega$, with Robert Urich (also deceased). I love campy 70's reruns and especially love to catch his episode (with the nun and the cross people were trying to steal) and see how cute he was! Um, my grandfather, I mean, though "Dan Tanna" (and his car LOL!) were no slouches in their day, either! ;)

7. Random - I think I enjoy tagging and scrapping because I love color and -- in case you haven't noticed, hehe -- sparkle. I attribute that to my last random fact, I'm a makeup freak and always have been, ever since I was a little girl. Now I'm a lil' smarter and, except for lipsticks and mascara, only wear minerals. Also a plus for the creativity because mineral shadows are unlike anything in the drug/dept store with respect to their richness and dimension. It's hard NOT to be "scrappily" inspired when perusing my stash! LOL! A surprising and nice way to intersect two totally unrelated hobbies. Though I'm still searching for a way to get the big hair in there! ;)

If you're still awake (LOL!) it's time to fulfill item #3, which might be a tad difficult at this stage of the game, so I'll apologize in advance for any repeats. With great respect and admiration, I shall now pass the "It" baton to the following talented people:

1. Creative Victorian - Netta
2. It's Bacchus - Jo (A Tagger's Scrap)
3. Kirsty's Scraps
4. Lorene Hill
5. Microferk Designs
6. Designs by Schaarka
7. Swheat Creations - Norma

Off to fulfull the last requirement and let them know they've been tagged. Thanks for reading, and again for the much-needed diversion. :)

BTW, I'm planning to scrap for additional mind-wandering. Hope to be back soon with goodies! :)

2 comments:

StarSraps said...

I just found your blog and have been very entertained! Your Seven are very cute!

bacchus said...

OMG - I didn't realise I'd been tagged. I didn't know anyone talented came and visited me LOL.

Thanks hun - off to ponder my 7 facts now.

hugs
JO